It sounds gross. I know…but it’s called a “dump cake” because you literally just DUMP all of the ingredients into the pan and bake it. Not because it looks like a pile of s**t.
Wes. At least it’s not chocolate cake this time…
Anywho. I posted this picture the other day:
The delicious dump cake.
This was before I mixed all of the ingredients. It looks so pretty!
After you mix it all, it should look like this. If it’s watery-that’s okay! The cake mix will soak it right up.
If you’re trying to impress a crowd with your food presentation skills, this cake may not be the right fit for that occasion. If you’re trying to impress a crowd with your cooking skills, and want to show off how awesome this cake tastes (which is what really counts!), then make this cake.
MAKE. THIS. CAKE. It’s an autumn explosion in your mouth.
Apple Cider Dump Cake
- 2 cups cinnamon applesauce
- 2 large granny smith apples, diced (I left the skin on-do what you want!)
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 – 15.25 oz. box of yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 13×9 pan, DUMP and mix all ingredients (minus the cake mix and butter).
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly on top of the apple mixture.
- Pour melted butter evenly on top of dry cake mix.
- Bake for 40-45 or until cake is golden brown and edges are bubbly.
Hey – I never claimed that this recipe was healthy. But it’s goooood. Trust me.
Let me know what you think!